This website and blog is dedicated to people with (you guessed it!) lower back pain (LBP). It is a work in progress, so stay tuned for heaps of exciting content.
‘So I’ve got LBP, what now?’ is the first phase and will consist of a series of pages created to assist you during and after an episode of LBP. It will begin with a case study (onset of LBP), followed by a series of pages that answer the key questions that arise during such an episode (see list below). These are based on my professional experience (treating patients with LBP) as well as my personal experience (dealing with it). Whether you’ve had 1 or 100 episodes, viewing these pages will benefit you. Of course, I’ve also had assistance from some great resources along the way, which I’d love to share with you.
So I’ve got LBP, what now? (Phase 1)
Below is a list of the upcoming pages with their estimated completion dates (DD/MM/YY). Currently this site is a side project of mine so progress may seem a bit slow to begin with, but just remember good things take time! 😉 Stay tuned because over the coming weeks and months there is going to be a bunch of new content being released.
So I’ve got LBP, what now?
1. What the heck is happening to me? (Case study) – Completed
2. What is LBP? (28/01/18)
3. How long will it last? (18/02/18)
4. How did this happen to me? (11/03/18)
5. What’s actually causing my LBP? (01/04/18)
6. What can I do for pain relief? (22/04/18)
7. Do I need to see a doctor or other health professional? (13/05/18)
8. What are my treatment options? (03/06/18)
9. Can I still work and/or exercise? (24/06/18)
10. Will my back ever be the same again? (15/07/18)
NB: This is an approximate guide. Some pages may take longer, others less. And of course, it’s quite likely I’ll change things along the way. The purpose of publishing this schedule is to hold myself accountable (to you)! My schedule allows for 3 weeks per webpage which consists of 1 week of research, 1 week of writing, and 1 week of web development/techy stuff! This is the minimum time I think it will take me to get a ‘working copy’ up on the website (it can be polished later on).
[PICTURE OF LAYOUT – CONCEPT MAP]
I’ve also got lots of exciting plans for future developments (phases 2 and 3) however let’s save that until after we have a functioning phase 1. 😊
Can you help?
Excited about this website getting up and running!? Me too! Here are some things you can do to help:
- Share your LBP story. I would love to hear from you and I promise I’ll reply.
- Give feedback. Tell me what you like/don’t like about the site. If you have any suggestions about site content then I’d love to hear from you! This site really is for you so the more input you give me the better!
- Make a donation. At the moment this website is purely a ‘labour of love’ however if you are one of the many generous people out there, and would like to be a supporter, this will allow me to justify spending more time on this stuff (creating new material).
- Tell a friend or family member about this website. Come to think about it, tell any random person! I’ve heard that people who refer people to websites are more attractive to others! 😉